Stay in the center of it all.
Bustling, buzzing and brilliantly colourful – open your eyes to all that is Bangkok. Among the world’s top international travel destinations, the city delightfully displays a mix of old and new, of history and modernity, with a vibrant pop of exotic appeal. And Sukhumvit is its pounding pulse for fashion, shopping, entertainment, parties, nightlife, hospitals and business.
Plus, it’s simple logic: Walking to a place means you’ll have more money to spend when you get there. Unlike other Bangkok hotels, Dream is only a short (and very do-able) walking distance from shopping centers and public transportation stations like the Asoke BTS Sky Train and MRT Metro station.
With majestic palaces, Buddhist temples, cultural festivals and traditional street vendors dotting the cityscape between luxurious shopping malls, in-the-moment nightclubs, brand-new markets and prestigious business centers, Bangkok cries out for exploration. And its calls are worth answering.
- Terminal 21 Shopping Center – 600 m/10 min.
- Sukhumvit Street Market – 300 m/5 min.
- Emporium Bangkok shopping center – 1.9 km/15 min.
- Central Embassy Shopping Center – 5.9 km/15 min.
- Central World Shopping Center – 3.1 km/20 min.
- Siam Square – 3.9 km/22 min.
- Siam Paragon Shopping Center – 3.9 km/22 min.
- Chatuchak Market – 12 km/35 min.
- Asiatique The Riverfront – 13 km/35 min.
- Siam Ocean World – 3.9 km/22 min.
- Grand Palace – 12 km/34 min.
- Temple of the Dawn (Wat Arun) – 17 km/40 min.
- The Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew) – 12 km/34 min.
- Wat Pho and the Reclining Buddha – 12 km/34 min.
- MBK Shopping Center - 4 km/25 min.
- Thai National Museum – 13 km/35 min.
- Museum of Siam – 11 km/33 min.
- Madame Tussauds – 3.9 km/22 min.
- Jim Thompson's House – 7.1 km/28 min.
- Lumphini Park – 4.3 km/20 min.
- Benjakiti Park – 3.1 km/15 min.
- Lumpini Stadium (Muay Thai Boxing) – 22 km/ 45 min.
- Don Muang Airport – 25 km/45 min.
- Suvarnabhumi Airport – 25 km/45 min.
Of course, we’re a little biased. But that doesn’t mean we aren’t right. Our on-site Flava Restaurant and Flava Bar & Lounge offer some of the best local dining around. But since you’ll likely want to mix it up during longer stays, be sure to stop into these close-by (and 100% worth the wait) hotspots:
- Baan Khanitha Thai Cuisine – Sukhumvit Soi 23
- Bo.Lan Essentially Thai – Sukhumvit Soi 26
- Cabbages & Condoms Restaurant – Sukhumvit Soi 12
- Long Table – Sukhumvit Soi 16
- The Local Restaurant – Sukhumvit Soi 23
- QUP Bar – Sukhumvit Soi 11
In a destination where traditional festivals and celebrations are essential to a complete understanding of the local culture, many of these events and venues are a must-see if you can time your travel dates accordingly.
Festivals & Holidays
- Songkran Festival (April)
- Moon Festival (September)
- Vegetarian Festival (October)
- King Chulalongkorn Memorial Day (October)
- Loy Krathong and the Golden Mount Fair (November)
- The King’s Birthday and Trooping of the Colours (Currently December)
- New Year’s Celebrations (December/January)
- Four-Face Buddha (Year-round)
- Queen Sirikit National Convention Center (QSNCC) – 5 min. or 1 MRT station
- Centara Grand Convention Center – 10 min. or 3 BTS stations
- Paragon Hall – 10 min. or 4 BTS stations
- Central Embassy – 7 min. or 2 stations from hotel
- Central World – 10 minutes or 3 BTS stations
- Siam Paragon – 10 minutes or 4 BTS stations
- Jatujak Market (JJ Market) – 20 minutes or BTS/ MRT
- Platinum Shopping Mall – 15 min. by car only
- Asiatique – 30 min. by car only
- Nana Night Bazaar – 1 min. walk
- Terminal 21 – 5 min. walk or hotel shuttle service